Friday 18 July 2014

For that 'time of the month'...

For far too many years I had a very bad time with my menstrual cycle. I know many people that know me that would definitely agree. When I eventually decided to give the contraceptive pill a go (not till my late 20s) after the first few months I honestly thought wow this is what it's like to have a life! I can't say I was entirely happy about taking a pill everyday but it was making my life so much easier. Reading up on the havoc it can cause to our body really made me want to find an alternative way to deal with my 'Aunt Flow'. And luckily about a year and half ago, the same time when I decided to go plant based, I also made the decision to stop taking the pill. I am now allowing this body to do what it needs to do. Don't get me wrong it hasn't been easy but luckily for me I know a thing or two that can help ;) And in the last 3 months it just keeps getting better and better.
What have I personally done that's different? Well for starters you all know I changed my diet and for some people this can be all you need to do. I then started drinking as much organic Raspberry Leaf tea as I could about 3 cups to start with and now at least one a day every day (sometimes more when it's the first day or two of my cycle). About 2 months ago, I started taking some Blackcurrant Seed oil, a top quality vitamin B complex and in the last month I have been using the wonderful Biomat. But another thing that is helping is the use of essential oils. Clary Sage to be exact.
Taken from the Young Living site: 'Clary sage (Salvia sclarea) essential oil contains natural phytonutrients. It has a mellow, warm, herbal scent that is uplifting and relaxing, making it a perfect choice for supporting a normal, healthy attitude during PMS. It is also supportive for menopausal women.'


If you experience with PMS or PCOS I highly recommend you get in touch with a qualified Nutritionist. Click HERE to read an awesome post ' PCOS and Hormones: Tips You Can Use' by my wonderful nutritionist Liana <3

For more info on the amazing Amethyst Biomat please click HERE or take a look at SacredBiomat .

Love and Light <3

Biomat and Clary Sage keeping the pains away <3

2 comments:

  1. Great post Nicki! And a lot of useful information, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome! Thank you for the love <3

      Delete