Monday 5 August 2013

Trip to Gotland :)

My sweetheart and I visited the beautiful Swedish island of Gotland at the end of July. Gotland is about 90 km off the Swedish coast and located in the Baltic sea. Fredrik grew up on the island and it was so awesome to see his old childhood home and the schools he went to. Visby, Gotlands capital, is a great medieval town graced with cobbled lanes, ruins and cathedrals, it has such a great vibe!  They have a small juice bar and a few health food shops and the supermarkets that had a pretty decent range of organic produce (although I'm sure if I had more time there I would have found a local farmer to supply us with our veggies). We were very fortunate to stay at Fredriks fathers and step mums home right outside the main wall (the inner town in surrounded by a very old ring wall). So we were able to prepare yummy breakfasts and lunch and dinners every day :) We did eat out twice though! One evening at Surfers who were kind enough to not deep fry the tofu and adjust dishes so they were gluten free and vegan :) and another evening at a another local restaurant where we asked for lightly grilled veggies and salad :) For our breakfasts we had our green vibrance powder followed by yummy organic fruits! Delicious goodiness!
Fredrik celebrated his 33rd birthday while we were out there and I made him his favourite raw vegan chocolate orange cheesecake. I got the recipe from RAWMAZING
It's so yummy and for that reason I have vowed to only make it once a year hehe it is very high in (good) fats and not something I want to be eating regularly. I also made Liana Shanti's yummy raw blackberry stawberry summer crumble and used organic blueberries and strawberries. We both really, really love this dessert! Thank you Liana <3

I hope that in the future we get to back and spend a little longer on the island so we can see and do a lot more!

Here are a few of the many photos I took :)







No comments:

Post a Comment