Saturday 15 February 2014

Chocolate loooove

I love chocolate! I actually love my own chocolate more than store bought ones! There are a lot of awesome brands that make yummy raw chocolate but I guess my own creations taste better to me.
The thing is I don't really have a recipe which I realise I will need to post soon so I will get one on here soon :)
Woohooo! I finally have a recipe :D I must admit I forgot the dash of salt as I was talking on the phone to some friends who have just returned from a few months of traveling (any excuse to make chocolate again right?;) ). I will have to try it again with the salt this time but they tasted yummy! However, I do think that when I don't measure things always taste nicer hehe but, I think this recipe is a very good place to start. I would advise to taste it after you put in your sweetener and adjust the sweetness to your preference.
1 1/2 cup cacao butter (before I chopped/shaved it)
1 cup cacao powder 
2-3 tbs of sweetener (either maple syrup/coconut nectar/local raw honey) adjust sweetness to taste
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
Dash of Himalayan Salt
1tbs maca (optional)
A few drops of essential oil (optional).

I usually just chop up the cacao butter melt it in a glass bowl using Bain Marie method. Then add around the cacao powder take it off the heat and add a tablespoon or more of either maple syrup, coconut nectar or raw honey. Once they're nicely incorporated I add 1/4-1/2 tsp of vanilla powder and a dash of Himalayan salt. Recently, I have also been adding 1tbs maca powder too. Then I might also add some reishi powder or a few drops of essential oil (my favorites are orange or peppermint, yum!  .
This year so far I have made chocolates filled with blueberries, raspberries, a raspberry chia mix and my new favorite tahini with mashed banana! Oh boy I can't wait to make these again!
Here are some pictures for you all to see how yummy my creations have looked  :)










2 comments:

  1. I made just the solid dark truffles and oooo are they good! I added a pinch of cayenne and smoked salt! I'm going to try adding fresh mint next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaaaaaay!:):) mmmm cayenne sounds yummy!!:)

      Delete